Monkscroft Villas, Cheltenham – EG Carter
The demolition of 3 dwellings and the construction of 27 new homes which are a mixture of semi-detached houses, apartment block and mixed tenure.
- The project provides and 800% increase on hosing stock previously located on the site.
- The project consists of 2 semi-detached houses and a 25-unit apartment block, which is a mixture of 1 & 2 bed units, and both social rent and shared ownership tenure.
- The substructure comprised of a piling and ground beam solution, with approximately 100 piles being utilised.
- The superstructure is constructed from traditional load bearing masonry and pre-cast concrete floors. This approach provides robust details and ensures great in use energy standards Each property achieves a minimum EPC rating of B.
- There is a large photovoltaic system that contributes towards the landlord’s electrical supply and minimises running costs of the building.
- The design provides a stimulating, modern, secure living environment that also offers an attractive external environment with a number of private balconies which offer fantastic views over to the Leckhampton area of Cheltenham.
- The houses benefit from private gardens and the apartment block also has large a communal garden. The development further benefits from the large public park it’s situated next to.
- The elevational treatments are made up of curtain walling, facing brick work, through colour render and fibre cement-based cladding.