Wycliffe College Boarding House
Demolition of existing and construction of new 3 storey mixed use boarding accommodation.
- E G Carter & Co Ltd was approached by Wycliffe College to deliver this prestigious project as a result of the relationships developed from previous works on the same Campus with the same Design Team.
- The ‘can do’ approach fostered by all parties throughout the pre-construction phase right the way through to delivery was a significant factor in the success of the project.
- Driven concrete piles and complex foundation/ground beam arrangement
- Concrete frame construction with zinc roofing and cladding.
- Biometrics access control system and Photovoltaic array system to provide electricity.
- Various site visits were arranged for the students to provide them with an understanding of the construction process.
- Circa 91% of all construction waste generated on the project was recycled.
- The project was delivered safely, on time, to the highest quality and within budget with all stakeholders delighted with the outcome.
- Shortlisted for 2 categories at the Constructing Excellence South West Awards – Project of the Year and Sustainability Award
- Winner – Boarding Schools Association Award: Best Boarding Extension or Refurbishment